Job Title: Senior Brand Manager
Name: Erica Bacon
Company: Campbell Grocery Products
BA in Communications
Brief overview of your job:
Marketing responsibility for our famous OXO cubes range and the recently launched Real Stock by OXO, which are part of the Meal Enhancers Category within Campbells.
What does your job involve?
- Developing brand strategy through insights taken from consumer and marketplace analysis.
- Managing the OXO Stocks Marketing Team (I have two Assistant Brand Managers who report to me).
- Working with external agencies to outline, develop and execute brand communication plans (advertising, PR, direct marketing, online)
- Leading project teams responsible for development of new products.
- Managing the brand budget.
- Providing management with regular updates on the brands performance and initiatives to achieve business targets.
- Assisting Category Management and Sales in development and implementation of category strategies.
What do you most like about your job?
- No two days are alike
- Creativity is encouraged
- Consumer led decision making
- My colleagues
What skills are required in your job?
- Project Management skills
- Analytical ability
What is your advice to people looking for a career in the food & grocery industry?
- Embrace change
- Get a mentor
- Obtain a breadth of experience
- Take pride in your work
Career so far:
- L’Oreal UK : Group Product Manager / Category Manager
- L’Oreal USA : Feasibility Manager (Marketing)
- Nabisco : Trade Marketing Analyst