Job Title: Marketing Manager
Name: James Eadie
Company: Coca-Cola Great Britain
BA (Hons) in Physics from Oxford University. A-Levels in Physics, Chemistry, Maths & Further Maths. 11 GCSE’s.
Brief overview of your job:
Ensuring Coca-Cola remains an enduringly strong and iconic brand in GB
What does your job involve?
- Develop a thorough understanding of GB consumers, their needs and their passions.• Work with our bottling partners and agencies to develop and deliver marketing plans for Coca-Cola in GB.
- Develop a media and communication plans that does justice to the Coca-Cola brand, including the development of appropriately iconic advertising.
- Manage a team of superb people.
- Manage the product and packaging innovation pipeline for Coca-Cola and Diet Coke.
What do you most like about your job?
- The high calibre of people I work with across the Coca-Cola system and our agency partners.
- The responsibility of working on the world’s biggest brand and “standing on the shoulders of giants” who have preceded me.
- No two days are ever the same (and days rarely turn out as expected).
- I get to spend largely uninterrupted weekends with my wife and child.
What skills are required in your job?
- A maniacal zeal for consumer understanding.
- Harnessing the creativity, passion and enthusiasm of everyone we work with.
- Maintain focus and long-term perspective in the midst of day to day “fire-fighting”.
What is your advice to people looking for a career in the food & grocery industry?
- Focus on the transferable skills and competencies that you want to acquire for your future.
- Try to balance short-term reward vs long-term building of knowledge and skills.
- Seek a range of experiences (this could be within the same company).
Career so far:
Army Officer (Captain), British Army
Brand Manager, Procter & Gamble (Health & Beautycare)
GB Country Manager, Netarget Limited (French IT company)