Factory Manager (Bakery)
- BSC Hons in Biology 2:2 from York University.
- A-Level’s in Maths & Statistics, Biology & Chemistry.
- 9 GCSE’s. Diploma In Management Studies from Notts Business School.
Brief overview of your job:
Responsible for the day to day running of the chilled quiche factory.
What does your job involve?
- Ensuring that the bakery achieves the required standards of customer service and product quality Running the operation through management of KPIs covering operational, financial and technical aspects
- Regular contact with key customers
- Providing for the welfare needs of a workforce of 200. This includes training, development and succession planning
- Liaison with all departments on a daily basis
- Maintaining a vision of the future and ensuring resources are in place to deliver these
What do you most like about your job?
- Contact with people, both internal & external to the organisation
- Being part of a proud & successful team
- Problem solving & decision making, often at short notice
- Variety both day to day issues & the future strategy
- Pressure juggling a number of issues concurrently & prioritising
What skills are required in your job?
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) at all levels within the organisation
- Empathy with people.
- Problem solving & decision making skills
- Commercial understanding
What is your advice to people looking for a career in the food & grocery industry?
- Gain as much work experience as possible during higher education. This will enable you to appreciate the career options available to you later.
- Join a company that will encourage your development and allow you to move around within the organisation
- Go for it, its an excellent industry to be a part of!
Please list any other companies you have worked for and positions held.
- Technical Controller Greencore Convenience Foods
- Technical Manager McVities Chilled Foods
- Technical Manager Hero Carters Soft Drinks
- QA Manager HP Foods
- Microbiologist Unilever Research
Did you complete an industrial placement as part of your degree?
Laboratory Technician with RuddlesBrewery