Job Title: Marketing ManagerName: James Eadie
Company: Coca-Cola Great Britain
Brief overview of your job:
Ensuring Coca-Cola remains an enduringly strong and iconic brand in GB
What does your job involve?
• Develop a thorough understanding of GB consumers, their needs and their passions.
• Work with our bottling partners and agencies to develop and deliver marketing plans for Coca-Cola in GB.
• Develop a media and communication plans that does justice to the Coca-Cola brand, including the development of appropriately iconic advertising.
• Manage a team of superb people.
• Manage the product and packaging innovation pipeline for Coca-Cola and Diet Coke.
What do you most like about your job?
• The responsibility of working on the world’s biggest brand and “standing on the shoulders of giants” who have preceded me.
• No two days are ever the same (and days rarely turn out as expected).
• I get to spend largely uninterrupted weekends with my wife and child.
What skills are required in your job?
• Harnessing the creativity, passion and enthusiasm of everyone we work with.
• Maintain focus and long-term perspective in the midst of day to day “fire-fighting”.
What is your advice to people looking for a career in the food & grocery industry?
• Try to balance short-term reward vs long-term building of knowledge and skills.
• Seek a range of experiences (this could be within the same company).
Career so far: