Campbell Grocery Products
MSci Natural Sciences – Trinity College Cambridge University, A-Levels in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & General Studies, 10 GCSE’s.
Brief overview of your job:
I’m a member of the Finance team here in the head office at Campbell’s working closely with the commercial team to help them make sound business decisions.What does your job involve?
I have a close working relationship with the UK consumer marketing team, analysing and forecasting the spend on Campbell’s key brands: Homepride, Batchelors, Campbell’s, Fray Bentos and OXO
- I also work closely with the sales department to analyse and forecast customer spend
- My role also involves supporting senior finance managers on a range of business-wide projects
- Working as part of a cross-functional team
What do you most like about your job?
I enjoy being part of a company that is internationally well-known and respected
- It’s a young, vibrant workplace
- There are lots of opportunities to move and progress within the organisation
What skills are required in your job?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good knowledge of IT systems, particularly spreadsheet applications
- The ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
What is your advice to people looking for a career in the food & grocery industry?
It’s a fascinating industry to work in – certainly never a dull moment and there’s lots of opportunity to gain a wealth of experience – I’d say go for it!!